One $1000 scholarship awarded to one by The Global Gastroschisis Foundation and the Roman Jax Nguyen Scholarship Committee.
Roman Jax Nguyen Scholarship
– DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Friday, May 31, 2024, 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions)
– Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
– Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
– If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
– You will be notified in July 2024 regarding the status of your application.
– If you have any questions about the application, please email [email protected]
Note: Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration in an accredited institution, completion of the first semester or quarter and enrollment in second semester or quarter. Funds awarded are paid directly to the student’s current institution.
Purpose: Thank you for your interest in the Roman Jax Nguyen Scholarship. This scholarship was established to honor our dear son, Roman, who passed away on December 19, 2011. Roman was stillborn at 37 weeks due to gastroschisis. We felt blessed to have the opportunity to anticipate his arrival—we had been told that we had only a slim chance of conceiving a baby on our own—so when we lost Roman we were heart broken. Avery’s Angels has been a tremendous support to us throughout this process, and through AAGF, we have met many gastroschisis families and survivor children. This scholarship will honor Roman and keep his memory alive by helping to provide a gastroschisis survivor, a volunteer working in gastroschisis patient support and advocacy, or a student studying gastroschisis with tuition funding for higher education. Our goal is for this scholarship to spread gastroschisis awareness, allowing us to come together and make a difference, working together for a breakthrough in gastroschisis research and treatment.
Award Components: One $1000 scholarship awarded to one selected by The Global Gastroschisis Foundation and the Roman Jax Nguyen Scholarship Committee.
– GPA 3.0 or above
– Enrolled in minimum of 2 classes
– Fall under at least one of the following guidelines:
– Gastroschisis Survivor
– Avery’s Angels Gastroschisis Foundation Volunteer
– Attending school to research topics directly related to Gastroschisis
Application Process, Applicant must submit the following items:
– Completed application form (must be typed)
– Letters of recommendation from 2 members of your community.
– Most recent transcript with cumulative grade point average.
– Personal Statement consisting of 800 words.
Deadline for the application is Friday, May 31, 2024. Applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Please email completed application to [email protected]
Download application HERE
Purchase Roman Jax Nyguen Scholarship gear HERE